Indeed it does. Ideally, I’d like to have something resembling a very unfinished demo out by the end of April. Currently, I’m working on getting in the parts of the overworld needed to finish the first “quest” you’re sent on in the game. There’s a lot of other stuff to take care of, too (Properly implementing spells, for one, and really anything besides just “Attack” in combat for another), but that’s where it’s easiest to find tangible progress.
The somewhat good news on that front–and I say “somewhat” because I’m a terrible enough programmer that I made the pseudo-mistake in the first place–is that I saved myself a couple hundred lines of code by realizing I was making a redundant setting of room coordinates…after you were already in the room. I tried removing that second set, and everything seems to be in working order, which is nice.
In less mitigated good news, I quickly threw together an unstable-but-works-for-my-purposes location debugger, in short allowing me to teleport to any square on the map rather than having to walk there manually. This almost immediately paid dividends as I quickly realized that, due to my sloppy coding, I was changing monster regions quicker than I should have been. The “unstable” part comes from the fact that the debugger–and the entire game–crashes when you feed it input it doesn’t expect (IE anything other than a number). Again, though, since I’m currently the only one using it, I’m not overly concerned about that.
That’s been my main project of late.