As I’ve taken a number of games from Indie Gamer Chick (Henceforth IGC) over the last year and a half or so, I figured it was only fair that I compile my thoughts on the games I’ve taken from her and put them into one spreadsheet for easy viewing. Who knows, maybe you’ll find a cool indie game you’ve never heard of from this thing!
Here it is! Last Updated November 30, 2019.
A few ground rules:
- The spreadsheet is divided into two tabs. The first is “IndieSelect Games”; these are the games I’ve taken as part of IGC’s various events.
- While IGC will occasionally change the hashtag that social media talk is to be done under for various special events, such as #VitaIslandSelect or #IndieSelectE3, I’m putting everything I’ve gotten from her over the years under the more general #IndieSelect banner.
- The second tab is “Non-Indie Select Games”, and yes, I know I’m inconsistent with the space there. These are indie games I’ve gotten, well, not from IndieSelect. These are generally from various Humble Bundles or other sales.
- Each tab is divided into three tiers: The top tier is games I achievement hunted to completion on Steam. The next tier is games I beat, but didn’t achievement hunt all the way though for whatever reason. The third tier is games I never bothered finishing.
- Note that, while these three tiers are a good approximation of how much I enjoyed the games, you should read the brief descriptions to get a feel for how much I really liked them. My favorite game in the IndieSelect tab is probably Graveyard Keeper, which is currently in the third tier, for instance.
- For the developer/publisher, I’m going off of what Steam says. This means that developer/publisher name changes since the game released may not be captured. Gaijin Games, the developers of the various BIT.TRIP games, are no longer called that, for instance.
- The spreadsheet was last updated on November 30th, 2019. Among other games, Knightin’+ was put in The Next Tier on the IndieSelect Games tab, and Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 was added to The Top Tier in the Non-Indie Select Games tab.