- It’s amusing how real life can sometimes serve as an inspiration for creative endeavors. Long story short, a case of mistaken identity on MySpace (Hi Meg, if you’re reading this!) caused me to think about the alternative–what if I had actually found the person I thought I was looking for? Basically, it would have meant that I’ve been mis-remembering pretty much my entire high school career. If I didn’t already have music stuff going on, I’d try and turn this into a story of some kind. Yeah, the whole “You’re not who you thought you were” plot has probably been done to death by now, but there’s a reason for that, I think.
- I still have to get in touch with the SDA administration regarding my Astyanax run. Indeed, at some point I might add a “speedruns” section to the sidebar here and go into a bit more detail about certain details behind why I picked the games I did, as opposed to just play-by-play.
- Speaking of the sidebar, further testing revealed that my sidebar problem seems to be confined to IE6 (Thanks to my cousin for figuring that out). This has me convinced that IE is the problem, not the code. Those of you that still insist on using IE will thus want to upgrade to IE7. Of course, I recommend dropping IE altogether and switching to Firefox
- Check out the band that a couple of my friends from college are in, Running with Karma. If you have a minute, make sure to create an account at BoDog Battle and vote for them to make it on to the next round. The winner gets a million dollar recording contract, which is obviously a pretty big deal. You can vote once every 24 hours, so if you have a minute each day, keep voting for them and hopefully they can make it one step closer to the big money.
- I finished laying down a basic drum track for another song. Without giving away too much, suffice to say that, despite my cousin’s assertions to the contrary, it’ll prove that I actually quite enjoy the band Tool (The average Tool fan that I’ve come across on the Internet is another story…